Ken has played keyboards, guitar and Javanese gender in Hollywood-area bands such as Holy Sisters of the Gaga Dada, Twist of Fate, Pendu Femelle, and I Am Love (which included the engineer/producer of Henry Rollins and Filter as well as the singer from Danse Society), Nectarphonic and The Mercury Seven.
He also runs a recording studio, Blueberry Buddha Recording Studios in Los Angeles, CA. Ken is also an occasional review contributor for EQ Magazine, a recording engineering trade publication, and has been interviewed for his drum recording techniques in DRUM! Magazine).
Ken is also a professional photographer. His pictures of Nobel Peace Prize Winner Aung San Suu Kyi, Kashmir, Peru, Burma, India, China, Thailand, and elsewhere have appeared in books, newspapers, magazines, encyclopedias, web sites, and galleries internationally. His photos have also been featured as the Smithsonian Editor's Pick Of The Week, National Geographic, and Travel and Leisure. His photos are for sale at his photo store on Imagekind.
* Ken's Photo Is Editor's Pick Of The Week on Smithsonian
* Ken Top Five Photography Tips were featured on the Induro blog.
* Ken's photos are featured on a gallery on the National Geographic site.
* Ken was one of three featured composers in the American Composers Forum's 14th Composer's Salon along with Morton Subotnick and Tom Heasley.
* Eleven Shadows Irian Jaya was nominated in the first round of voting by NARAS for a Grammy Award for Album of the Year.
* His music has been featured on BBC, Radio Moscow, NPR, Costa Rica Independent Radio Network, KCRW, KXLU, XM Radio, and many other radio stations.
* Ken's music and guitar playing have been featured in the television series Felicity, several MTV programs, and the films 21 and Echoes of Enlightenment.
* Eleven Shadows Sangsara has received numerous accolades in the press, including the honor of Music of the Year in the U.K's prestigious Future Music Magazine, and strong reviews in Spin, Alternative Press, and other publications.
* Created original soundtrack music with Lisa Kelly for The Whale Sharks of Bahia, a DVD by filmmaker Nigel Lizaranzu for the Museo de Naturaleza Y Cultura in Bahia de Los Angeles in Mexico.
Ken is Chief Engineer for The Tibet Connection radio show, an English-language monthly radio show about Tibet. He served on the Board of Directors of Captive Daughters, a non-profit organization dedicated to ending sex trafficking, for several years. He also serves on the Kelton Avenue Ad Hoc Committee, a group of residents trying to preserve the last strip of the historic Westwood Hills duplexes designed by some of Los Angeles' finest architects in the 1920s and '30s.
how do I order my Eleven Shadows discs?
You are warmly encouraged to write to Eleven Shadows by email!